The Collapse of WTC 7 and the Mysterious Death of Barry Jennings

29 Oct, 2013

(This article is based on my recent book 9/11 and the New World Order, published on September 11, 2013.)
While the world at large knows that on 9/11 the Twin Towers of the WTC were destroyed, it is not known to many people that on that very evening, a 47 storey building, WTC 7, collapsed in less than 7 seconds. WTC 7 had not been hit by any planes and there was no apparent reason as to why it should have collapsed into its footprints. The collapse of WTC 7 was ignored by the "mainstream" media. This is despite the fact that it housed offices of the Secret Service, the CIA, the Internal Revenue Service, Securities and Exchange Commission, Emergency Management Centre of the Mayor of New York, etc.

While the 9/11 Commission ignored WTC 7 altogether in its repor, NIST (National Institute of Safety Technology) did file several reports on their studies of the collapse of WTC 7. While NIST went to lengths in its tortuous analyses to state that it found no evidence of a demolition job in WTC 7, it was not honest in its study because it entirely ignored testimony of witnesses from both the inside and outside of WTC 7. With regard to the Twin Towers both the NIST as well as the 9/11 Commission had ignored witness testimony because eye witnesses to the event, numerous survivors from within the buildings, as well as those who watched things from very close quarters, stated unambiguously and consistently that bombs kept going off in all buildings.

Any person who becomes aware of this casting aside of highly credible and mutually consistent eyewitness testimony finds it very intriguing. The only possible reason that such testimony was ignored is simple: such testimony means that the buildings were demolished from the inside and that means that the official story about terrorists having brought down the buildings is false. It would then take very little time for the people of the U.S. to find out who the real perpetrators were. That, however, must be stalled at all costs because it would lead the public directly to the real criminals, criminals ensconced and embedded deeply in the power structure of the United States of America.
Paul Joseph Watson quotes Craig Bartmer, a former officer of the NYPD [1]:

"I walked around it (Building 7). I saw a hole. I didn't see a hole bad enough to knock a building down, though," said Bartmer. "Yeah there was definitely fire in the building, but I didn't hear any I didn't hear any creaking, or I didn't hear any indication that it was going to come down. And all of a sudden the radios exploded and everyone started screaming 'get away, get away, get away from it!' It was at that moment ...I looked up, and it was nothing I would ever imagine seeing in my life. The thing started pealing in on itself ...Somebody grabbed my shoulder and I started running, and the shit's hitting the ground behind me, and the whole time you're hearing "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom." I think I know an explosion when I hear it ...Yeah it had some damage to it, but nothing like what they're saying ...Nothing to account for what we saw I am shocked at the story we've heard about it to be quite honest."

In his book dealing exclusively with the mystery of WTC 7 collapse, David Ray Griffin has devoted an entire chapter to disregarding of the testimonial evidence by NIST. He quotes a journalist, Peter Demarco of the New York Daily News [2]:

There was a rumble. The building's top row of windows popped out. Then all the windows of the 39th floor popped out. Then the thirty eighth floor. Pop! Pop! Pop! was all you heard until the building sunk into a rising cloud of gray.

A similar testimony was given by an unnamed medical student on a recorded video. This has been transcribed by Griffin [3]:

We heard this sound like a clap of thunder ...Turned around - we were shocked ...It looked like .... there was a shockwave ripping through the building and the windows all busted out .... About a second later the bottom floor caved out and the building followed after that.

In addition to witnesses who watched the collapse from outside there were a couple of witnesses who were trapped inside the building on that fateful day. Both the trapped witnesses were rescued by fire fighters. One of these individuals was Michael Hess, a counsel to the New York City Corporation at that time, and a close friend of Rudy Guiliani.
In a live interview that started at 11.57 AM on 9/11, he described his experience. Since the interview was given just a few blocks from the WTC complex he must have been rescued shortly before. Griffin quotes from his interview [4]:

I was up in the emergency management center [of WTC 7] on the twenty third floor, when all the power went out in the building, another gentleman and I walked down to the eighth floor where there was an explosion} [5] and we were trapped on the eighth floor with smoke, thick smoke, all around us for about an hour and a half. But the New York Fire Department ... just came and got us out. [Although Hess said they had "walked down to the eighth floor," they actually walked down to the sixth floor, then went back up to the eighth floor after the explosion].

The other witness trapped along with Hess was Barry Jennings, Deputy Director of Emergency Services Department for the NY City Housing Authority. Apparently Jennings and Hess arrived at WTC 7 after the first plane had hit the North Tower (8:46 AM) but before the second plane hit the South Tower (9:03 AM). He had been directed to report at the 23rd floor of WTC 7 where the emergency command center of the Office of Emergency Management was located. He expected to meet Guiliani there. As Hess had stated they planned to sit with Guiliani and "strategize" (according to Hess). When Hess and Jennings, who had not known each other previously, got to the 23rd floor what did they find? Jennings stated [6]:

We noticed that everybody was gone. I saw coffee that was on the desks still, smoke was still coming off the coffee. I saw half-eaten sandwiches. Only me and Mr. Hess were up there. And after I called several individuals, one individual told me to leave and to leave right away.

Why had everybody left in a hurry? Why were they asked to leave immediately? And who was or were the individuals who asked them to leave? Did these individuals know something about what was going to happen to WTC 7? Jennings stated that the elevator was not working. Since they wanted to leave in a hurry, so instead of taking a step at a time, he began jumping the landings. When they got to the 6th floor an explosion below blew them off and the landing beneath them gave way. They had to retreat to the 8th floor. It is important to emphasize that in every interview that he gave Jennings insisted that it was an explosion and that the explosion took place below them. He further stated [7]:

I was trapped in there several hours. I was trapped in there when both buildings came down. The firefighters came ...And then they ran away. See, I didn't know what was going on. That's when the first tower fell. When they started running the first tower was coming down. Then I saw them come back. Now I saw them come back with more concern on their faces. Instead, they ran away again: the second tower fell. So as they turned and ran the second time, the guy said, ``Don't worry, we'll be back for you." And they did come back.

The above quote establishes one thing beyond doubt - the explosion inside WTC 7 took place well before either tower fell. This is a very important and highly explosive fact which blows away all the official lies and deceptions about WTC 7 manufactured by NIST, Guiliani and others.
When Hess and Jennings had gone up to the 23rd floor the lobby of WTC 7 on the ground floor was in its usual daily shape. In an interview given to Jason Bermas and Dylan Avery (makers of the internet blockbuster Loose Change Final Cut) Jennings stated: [8]

All this time I'm hearing all kinds of explosions. And I'm thinking maybe it's the uh, buses around me that were on fire, but, I don't see no [gesturing] you know, but I'm still hearing these explosions. When they [the rescuers] finally got to us, and they took us down, to what, what they, they, uh, called the lobby, because I asked them when we got down there I said, `Where are we?' He said `This was the lobby,' and I said, `You gotta be kidding me.' Total ruins, total ruins. Now keep in mind when I came in there, the lobby had nice escalators. It was a huge lobby. And for me to see what I saw was unbelievable.

McMahon, JD, LLM states:

Among all the highly credible video and forensic evidence indicating that WTC Building 7 was brought down by explosive controlled demolition on September 11, 2001, the accounts of explosions related by eyewitness Barry Jennings are particularly persuasive.

Barry Jennings also stated something even more frightening than the destruction of the WTC 7 lobby by bombs. Griffin quotes him [9]:

The firefighter that took us down kept saying, "Don't look down." I asked "Why?" And, he said. "Do not look down." We were stepping over people, and you know you can feel when you're stepping over people.

Who planted the bombs that kept on exploding? A straight forward analysis of the statements made by Jennings shows that bombs had destroyed the lobby when he was inside the building and that this had nothing to do with the collapse of the twin towers. That is why a lawyer like McMahon has assessed his statements as being "particularly persuasive." The BBC tried to exploit the above statement by emphasizing that he had not seen dead bodies. But what about the lobby? What destroyed it? One may wonder what happened to the firefighter who brought Jennings and Hess out of WTC 7? He was the one who told Jennings not to look down as he walked through the rubble that was the nice lobby when he went upstairs around 9:00 AM. If the firefighter is still alive he should come forward. However, coming forward may entail a risk to the life of this firefighter.

The Mysterious Death of Jennings

The mysteries of 9/11 are never ending. Two days before the final NIST report on WTC 7 Barry Jennings died mysteriously at age 53. Bryan Jennings was a most valuable witness to the bomb explosions inside WTC 7, to the destruction of the lobby by these bombs, to the dead bodies over which he walked. His testimony, if brought to public, would utterly destroy the official story. He was a man who knew too much through no fault of his.
On September 16, 2008 Aaron Dykes wrote [10]:

NYC Housing Authority spokesman Howard Marder has now officially confirmed that Barry Jennings indeed passed away approximately a month ago after several days in the hospital, matching confirmations from several other employees at the Housing Authority. Marder commented that Jennings was a great man, well liked by everyone at the Housing Authority, and that he would be missed. No other details were available.
Barry Jennings, a key 9/11 eyewitness who was an emergency coordinator for the New York Housing Authority, has passed away at age 53 from circumstances not yet disclosed.
A spokesperson for the Housing Authority has now confirmed his death, after weeks of rumors circulating online, but refused to give any further details. Several other individuals at the Housing Authority also confirmed that they knew Barry Jennings, and that indeed he had passed away about a month ago. No other details were available.
This office has not yet been able to contact anyone in the Jennings family and the official cause of death is not yet known, but online comments have reported the date of death as August 19, 2008.
It is very unusual that a prominent - and controversial- 9/11 witness would die only days before the release of NIST's report on WTC 7index{WTC 7} and shortly after a firestorm erupted over his testimony that he heard explosions inside the building prior to collapse of either tower and that there were dead bodies in the building's blown-out lobby.

It is important to point out that although Jennings had given an interview for the internet documentary Loose Change Final Cut his interview had to be omitted from the film at the last moment because he had expressed a fear of losing his job. He also feared for his family. It was only when he appeared on a BBC interview and BBC gave the impression that Jennings had retracted his testimony in Loose Change that the producers released his interview in order to prove their credibility. He died shortly afterwards. His fears were not unjustified. It appears that the BBC smearing of Jennings his death and the release of the NIST report took place within a few weeks time and therefore these things are highly unlikely to be coincidental.
The Barry Jennings interview reveals that Jennings was absolutely clear that the official explanation that WTC 7 came down because of debris falling on it from the Twin Towers or due to fuel oil tank (that fed the generators) was unacceptable. It is important to note that in his interview with Loose Change that he worked for an agency: ``I was there as part of one of the agencies which I can't name." Since the agency he worked for was a secret agency his testimony becomes all the more important. People working for agencies are taught to observe things carefully and to keep quiet. Jennings did not keep quiet. He also said [11]:

I am just confused about one thing and one thing only - why World Trade Center 7 went down in the first place. I am very confused about that. I know what I heard - I heard explosions. The explanation I got was it was the fuel oil tank. I am an old boiler guy - if it was a fuel oil tank then it would have been one side of the building.
When I got to that lobby the lobby was totally destroyed - it looked like King Kong had came through and stepped on it - it was so destroyed I didn't know where I was.

He also stated that a police officer "a big tall guy" came and told him to run because they had reports of more explosions. He said very clearly and emphatically that he was not satisfied with the official explanation. He went home and kept watching TV despite his wife's protestations. While watching TV ``I am saying to myself: Why did that building come down? I knew why it came down - it came down because of explosions, it was not no fuel oil tanks." This is a statement that totally undermines the official version. Once this was known to the agencies and once he had revealed that he worked for an unnamed agency, his fate, it appears, was sealed. In the interview he also mentioned that he was interviewed by some very important looking people several years later and referred to it as a "very scary" experience. He said that he did not know whether they liked his answers and that he did not care about that and that he told them the truth. That must have offended the very important people who interviewed him.
Suspecting foul play in the death of Jennings, Dylan Avery, producer of Loose Change, hired a private investigator (PI) to probe the death. Avery paid quite a hefty sum to this PI.
However, there was a strange twist to the story that lends credence to foul play. Firstly when Avery the Jennings residence in an attempt to meet his family, he found that the house was empty and the house was for sale. What happened to the family? Where did they go? It is highly unusual that an entire family has moved away, vacated the house, put it up for sale, and the neighbors have no idea, or are quiet. Further, as Jack Blood wrote in April 2009 [12]:

It seems that Dylan had hired a private investigator to look into Jennings' death which remains shrouded in mystery. His motive was simply to bring some closure to the life of Barry Jennings, and in doing so to honor the memory of this brave American. The Investigator ended up referring the case to Law enforcement before refunding his pay, and told Dylan never to contact him again. Very unusual to say the least. Dylan also paid a visit to the Jennings home. He found it vacant and for sale.
Personally, something is really beginning to stink here. Why would a highly paid PI refuse to continue his investigation? Why did he refer the matter to police? He is not talking. What is he afraid of. Was he warned to cease and desist? If so by whom?
These are some of the new questions revolving around the Jennings case.
In every major cover up from the JFK assassination to Iran Contra, we can see one common thread. The untimely death of eyewitnesses. Barry Jennings was not only an important and most credible eyewitness, but he openly refuted much of the government, and media version of events. He was a liability.


[1] Paul Joseph Watson: The 9/11 Whistle Blowers;, September 28, 2010;
[2] David Ray Griffin: The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center 7: Why the Final Official Report About 9/11 is Unscientific and False; Olive Branch Press 2010; p 83.
[3] Ibid p 83.
[4] Ibid p 84.
[5] Emphasis added in this quote.
[6] Ibid p 88. This is from an interview he gave for Loose Change Final Cut.}
[7] Ibid p 89.
[8]Dennis P. McMahon, JD, LLM has quoted this in his article, written after the mysterious death of Jennings, Is His Explosive Testimony Still Court-Worthy? The following quote appears at the 5:45 mark;
[9] David Ray Griffin: op cit p 91.
[10] Aaron Dykes: Barry Jennings: Key Witness to WTC 7 Explosions Dead at 53;
[11] : The Government of Pakistan has currently banned you tube. I was luckily able to watch the Barry Jennings interview with the Loose Change producers at
[12] : Jack Blood: New Information on the Death of Eyewitness Barry Jennings Seems to Point to Foul Play;